Nurse Practitioner Job In Elizabeth City, North Carolina
Nurse Practitioner (NP) /Physician Assistant (PA) #BD-50-122Next Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Megel Troupe: Sign in to view
Adelphi is seeking a nurse practitioner (NP)/physician assistant (PA) to provide services at a correctional facility in North Carolina.
• Ref #:BD-50-122
• Profession: Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
• Specialty: Correctional Medicine/Psychiatry/Urgent Care/Primary Care/IM/EM/FM
• Location: Elizabeth City, NC
• Service Setting: Outpatient
• Facility Type: Correctional
• Job Type: Contract
• Start Date: ASAP
• Contract Length: Ongoing
• Shift Schedule: 40hrs/week
• NC License
• DEA certification
• BLS certification
• ACLS certification
• NP/PA Certification
• Perform vital signs and appropriate medical history.
• Perform independent assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of all illnesses and trauma.
• Refer patients to the clinical director for conditions beyond the scope of training and experience of the nurse practitioner.
• Manage chronic health problems.
• Prescribe indicated medications as directed by utilizing the Soldiers' Home Policy and Procedures.
• Prescribe narcotic and controlled substances as directed by the physician.
• Administer authorized immunizations.
• Provide counseling and guidance to patients on issues relating to drugs, diet, weight control, effects of prescribed medications, and treatments.
• Order and interpret laboratory tests, X-rays, electrocardiograms, and audiograms, and perform tympanometry.
• Perform physical exams.
• Perform all other required services within a scope of practice that is consistent with the Nurse Practice Act of the State of North Carolina.
Adelphi Medical Staffing places physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners for healthcare employers nationwide. We place both full-time and locum tenets opportunities.
Behind every placement is a staff member dedicated to getting it right. Our team of recruiters, consultants and support staff ensures that every provider and client receives excellent customer service. Connecting with each provider’s unique story so that they can find the right job for their lifestyle separates us from other staffing firms.
Learn more at AdelphiMedicalStaffing.com so we can find the job that’s just right for you.