Pediatric Hospitalist Job In Wichita, Kansas
Pediatric Hospitalist Opportunity in Wichita, KansasNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Job Summary:Wesley Children’s Hospital in Wichita, Kansas is assisting the University of Kansas School of Medicine in the recruitment of pediatric hospitalists to provide direct patient care and scholarly oversight for medical students and residents.
- Board eligible or board certified in pediatrics
- Available full time; service covers hospital 24/7
- Equal participation in day, swing and in-house night shift coverage
- Proficiency in Spanish is preferred, but not required
- Ability to obtain licensure in the state of Kansas
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability and malpractice
- Generous employer contribution to retirement programs
- Clinical faculty appointment to the University of Kansas School of Medicine at Wichita
- Relocation assistance
- Wesley Children’s Hospital is part of Wesley Healthcare, which encompasses two full service hospitals, two free-standing emergency rooms and is the pediatric market leader
- Wesley Children’s Hospital has 16 PICU beds, 30 pediatric beds and an 82 bed NICU
- Wesley Children’s Hospital is the region’s only level II pediatric trauma center and has a dedicated pediatric emergency room
- Subspecialty coverage is robust and includes pediatric anesthesia, pediatric radiology, 24/7 pediatric intensive care physicians, etc.
- Newly renovated, state-of-art pediatric facilities
Wichita´s population is 350,000, drawing from 2/3s of the state of Kansas and parts of contiguous states. Wichita was named #1 Most Affordable City in the US by NBC's Today Show in 2010. In 2009, Wichita ranked as one of Forbes' "Best Bang for the Buck" cities and made Money Magazine´s List of 10 best cities in the U.S. Visit the city site for reviews and links to 7 recent national rankings that explain why so many physicians and post graduate-degreed professionals settle in Wichita.
Wesley Medical Center is a regional acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. The medical staff of 700 physicians and 3,000 employees provides a full range of diagnostic and treatment services for patients from throughout Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Every year, more than 180,000 patients are treated and more than 6,000 babies are born at Wesley. The hospital was founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church and has been part of the HCA hospital system since 1985.
- The largest Emergency Department in Kansas/ Level 1 (highest level) trauma center
- The area's only Gamma Knife Center
- State-of-the-art Neonatal Intensive Care and Pediatric Intensive Care units
- Newly equipped and renovated Cath Lab and EP lab
- Neurodiagnostics and stroke treatment
- Advanced care for high-risk pregnancies
- Cancer care
- The area's only hyperbaric oxygen chambers