General Surgery Job In Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Join our acute surgery team!Next Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Alison Burki: Sign in to view
- Completion of a general surgery residency from an accredited program
- Must have skills in all areas of general surgery
- Strong laparoscopic skills
- ICU experience a plus
- Patient focused with excellent communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Enjoy a state-of-the-art facility providing all of the tools and resources you need
- Level III trauma center with a wide variety of cases and diverse patient population
- You will provide emergency surgical care, surgical critical care and trauma care
- Coverage provided will be 14 weeks a year, with an additional 14 weeks seeing patients during two half-day clinics
- Physician will be in house during the day and on-call throughout the night
- Must be within 30 minutes of the facility
- An integrated, supportive, physician-led organization
- A patient-centered environment focused on providing quality health care
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Paid occurrence-based medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you'd expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters and museums, including an internationally designed lakefront art museum, to one of the nation's top 10 zoos.
Spring through fall is the time Milwaukee comes alive with lakeshore festivals celebrating diverse ethnic cultures and cuisines. Summerfest, held for 10 days each summer, is the nation's largest music festival. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including prestigious Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and for the traveler, one of the most convenient and user-friendly international airports in the world.
Professional sports franchises' Bucks and Brewers and local university sports round out the Milwaukee area as a place with something for everyone.
Aurora Health Care is the largest health care system in Wisconsin. With service areas extending to Northeastern Illinois, Aurora is anchored by two top tier tertiary/quaternary care centers. Our integrated delivery model allows Aurora physicians and advanced practice professionals to support their patients, connect with colleagues and offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care.
What makes being an Aurora physician unique? We make it easy for you to do what you do best - care for patients. Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology, and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for patients.