Nurse Practitioner Job In Walterboro, South Carolina
Nurse Practitioner for Behavorial Health UnitNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Ginna Campbell: Sign in to view
Located in the heart of the Lowcountry, Colleton Medical Center is in search of a Nurse Practitioner for its busy Lowcountry Transitions Behavioral Health unit.
Colleton Medical Center offers competitive compensation packages along with a top quality benefit program to include, major medical and dental insurance, long and short term disability care and supplemental coverage for you and your family.
• Completes psychiatric evaluation including but not limited to mental status exam, review of cranial nerves, diagnostic impressions, completes Axis 1-5 documentation.
• Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings
• Participates in family meetings as needed
• Communicates effectively and clearly with the treatment team regarding need for court ordered inpatient or outpatient psychiatric treatment
• Documents according to Hospital Based Inpatient Psychiatric Standards
• Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practice, and medical care to give and evaluate patient care.
• Ability to assess medical and psychiatric conditions and interpret findings.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
• Ability to communicate clearly.
• One year clinical experience preferred but candidates with extensive behavioral health rotations during training also considered.
Must possess a State Registered Advanced Nurse Practitioner License and must possess FNP Certification.
Extending through the southern coastal region of South Carolina, an area affectionately called the Lowcountry, lies Colleton County. The fifth largest county in South Carolina is home to Edisto Beach, the ACE Basin one of the largest undeveloped estuarine ecosystems in the United States, and Edisto River one of the world’s longest free-flowing blackwater rivers. This treasure of natural
The city of Walterboro, recently new home to the Buzz Aldrin Business and Technology Park, is located adjacent to Interstate 95 and just a short 45 minute drive to Charleston, SC.
Colleton Medical Center is a progressive 131-bed acute care hospital dedicated to providing high quality primary and specialty medical care. Also located on our medical campus are a newly constructed surgery center and a very active community fitness center. We are excited about the practice opportunities that exist with Colleton Medical Center and appreciate your interest in our lovely community.