Nurse Practitioner Job In Columbus, Ohio
Nurse Practitioner or Physician AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now
Columbus, Ohio – Currently hiring hospitalist Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams.
Sound values our advanced practice providers and realize they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP Collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APPs that are provided to our physician providers.
The APP Hospitalist Role
- 415 bed hospital - 2nd largest healthcare system in central Ohio, serving more than 500,000 patients per year.
- Established 27 physician team with 3 advanced practitioners and hospitalist RN
- Hospitalists are not responsible for Codes
- Open ICU, no procedures required
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in OH and certification in NP or PA. Will consider Family Practice or Geriatric Certification with recent acute care experience. Open to new grads
In support of our core values, we ensure our advanced practice providers have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care. You will be involved with driving improvements in quality, patient satisfaction, and aligning with hospital leadership in achieving the goals set for the team.
Location and Lifestyle
Columbus is the state capital of Ohio, as well as, the largest city in the state with almost 750,000 residents. Visitors and residents enjoy a wide array of sporting events, art museums, music festivals, concerts, restaurants, and historical events.
In addition to being a large city with numerous cultural attractions, Columbus also features a diverse climate that offers much for the outdoor lover. The average low temperature reaches about 20 degrees in the winter, while the average high temperature sours to 85 degrees in the summer. State Parks offer 80,000 acres of water for fishing, boating, and swimming, and many acres of parks for picnicking.
Columbus is the perfect balance the big city living and Midwestern beauty.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.