Anesthesiology Job In Orange Park, Florida
Anesthesiology Residency Program Director needed in Jacksonville, FLNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Amber Holiman: Sign in to view
Orange Park Medical Center is seeking an Anesthesiology Program Director to lead the hospital in the development and implementation of a new Anesthesiology Residency Program. The sponsoring institution already has an ACGME accredited program in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Dermatology & a transitional year program and is moving forward with additional programs. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated leader to have input on building a program from the ground up.
• Must be Board Certified in Anesthesiology by the American Board of Anesthesiology
• Must have faculty experience, leadership, organizational, and administrative qualifications; and have demonstrated ongoing academic achievements in anesthesiology, including publications, the development of educational programs, or the conduct of research.
• Program Director Experience a Plus!
Responsibilities will include:
• The program director must administer and maintain an educational environment conducive to educating the residents in each of the ACGME competency areas.
• Development of curriculum, policies, and procedures for the program
• Obtaining and maintaining ACGME accreditation
• Fulfilling responsibilities of the program director as defined in the ACGME Anesthesiology program requirements
• Recruiting residents into the program and developing evaluation process for performance
• Participating in competency evaluations of residents and faculty
• Serving on the Graduate Medical Education Committee to formulate institutional policy involving resident supervision, transitions of care, patient safety, professionalism, and quality improvement.
• Development of a program budget and oversight of budget execution under supervision of DIO
• Supervision of the Anesthesiology program coordinator and associate program director
Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations highly encouraged to apply. The program director will be a direct report to the facility Designated Institutional Official.
At Orange Park Medical Center, we are committed to quality care and a heightened focus on extraordinary service. Founded in 1974, Orange Park Medical Center has grown from a small community hospital to a top healthcare provider in northeast Florida. We are a full-service, acute-care hospital with 317 inpatient beds located in the heart of Orange Park, providing medical care to Clay County and surrounding communities.
Orange Park is located in Clay County just south of Jacksonville on the banks of the St. Johns River. ClayCounty has grown 18 percent since 2003 with a population in 2007 of approximately 185K residents. The median age in the community is 37 years of age, and a median household income is over $64,300K.
Orange Park is part of the Jacksonville Metropolitan area, which comprises over a million people. About 20 minutes from the beaches, OrangePark offers excellent public and private schools, and a scenic riverside lifestyle.
Orange Park Medical Center is a full service, acute care hospital with 297 inpatient beds located in the heart of Orange Park, providing medical care to the counties of Clay, St. Johns and southern Duval. The continuous commitment to providing the highest level of quality care and service has taken Orange Park Medical Center from being a small community hospital to a top healthcare provider in northeast Florida. In November 2011, Orange Park opened a Provisional Level II Trauma Center that will save countless lives.
Recent growth projects include expansion of the Emergency Department (ED) and a bed expansion to the North tower. Orange Park Medical Center is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). Orange Park Medical Center was again named one of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission. Only 7% of eligible hospitals nationwide earned the award for both 2010 and 2011. Orange Park consistently receives top scores from CMS for patient care in the categories of Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia and Surgical Care.
Included among Orange Park’s awards and accreditations is recognition for effectively treating stroke and heart patients. This was highlighted in 2011 with the Chest Pain Center Accreditation and the American Heart and Stroke Association’s “Get with the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus” award and in 2012 the “Get with the Guidelines Heart Failure Bronze” award.
Orange Park Medical Center’s mainstay is its well-trained, dynamic medical staff. Its medical staff of more than 700 physicians represents nearly all specialties and is supported by over 1,450 highly skilled employees. Board certification/eligibility is a requirement for credentialing for the facility.