Internal Medicine Job In Kansas City, Missouri
Outpatient Internal Medicine | Kansas City | Join our dynamic team serving the urban core/inner-city communityNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Pearce Browder: Sign in to view
BC/BE Internal Medicine physician needed to join Midwest Metropolitan Physicians Group, an established group of community physicians serving residents in both Missouri and Kansas. This opportunity affords the incoming physician the ability to join a mature, established practice that had been in the community for over 30 years.
Ideal candidates would be drawn to work with a diverse patient population including the medically underserved. Applicants must be comfortable with managing uncontrolled blood pressure and diabetes care. Call rotation is 1:3 practice call, limited to phone calls only. The practice features same day and next day appointments, lab draw station within the clinic and a convenient location just minutes from downtown Kansas City in the urban core.
* Base Salary + Quarterly Production Bonus Eligibility
* Stability of joining a mature, hospital-employed practice
* Excellent health benefits, CME, 401K with matching, malpractice, sign on bonus and relocation assistance available
* Student loan repayment available
* Clinic located in on-campus medical building providing convenient access to subspecialists
ABOUT Research Medical Center
Research Medical Center (RMC), a 500+ bed facility, serves six counties in the Kansas City metro and surrounding communities. RMC is a regional referral center for stroke, heart, cancer, trauma, high-risk pregnancies and newborn care. Our mission is to touch lives with hope, healing, comfort and care. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, our hospital system is comprised of three health clinics that embody the heart of the HCA Midwest Health system. Our additional two campuses include Research Medical Center Brookside Campus and Research Psychiatric Center.
Each Research Medical Center facility is recognized as a healthcare leader in our region as a result of our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. With over 700 doctors representing 29 medical specialties-including women's services offering obstetrics and fertility, an emergency room and trauma center, a stroke center, a walk-in clinic, and orthopedics-we ensure that our patients' needs are always met and that their expectations are continually exceeded at our Kansas City health clinics.
ABOUT Kansas City
* Kansas City consistently ranks as one of the top 10 places to live in the U.S.
* The Kansas City region is a two-state region home to more than 2.5 million people, comprised of 18 counties and 50 communities--offering a diverse economy that mirrors the U.S., allowing companies to take calculated risk and test new products.
* Home to corporate headquarters giants including Cerner, AMC, Garmin, Hallmark and H&R Block, among many others!
* KCI features 10 major airlines and the fewest flight delays, making travel easy. With non-stop flights available, you can be on either coast in 3 hours or less. New airport enhancements and renovations underway!
* On average, housing in KC is 22 percent less than the U.S. average and the average commute time is 23 minutes or less. The affordability and balance in lifestyle allow you to propel yourself personally faster without compromising your ability to access world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and sporting events!
* Kansas City ranked No. 19 on Forbes' list of the 20 Happiest Cities to Work in Right Now. Eight key factors were considered when creating this list including work-life balance, compensation, opportunities for advancement, resources and more.
* Overland Park, a suburb of Kansas City located in Johnson County, ranked #1 for 'best places to raise a family.'
Applicants will be accepted until qualified candidates are identified. AA/EOE. This position does not qualify for Visa sponsorship.
If you are not familiar with Kansas City, let me tell you it is one of the best kept secrets in the US! Recently it was named one of the 10 best downtown areas by Forbes magazine. It is consistently listed as one of the top 10 places to live in the US due to the affordability of housing, great job market, cultural interests, sports activities and facilities, and geographic location. Even though KC is considered the Midwest, it is technically almost in the exact center of the US!
Although there had already been a wide variety of artists living, working, and coalescing around downtown Kansas City, the brand new Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts just opened in September and quickly became central, and a visual monument to just how seriously Kansas City takes the arts. Combine that love of culture with a walkable and livable downtown, a wide variety of neighborhoods such as The Plaza, which is known for its upscale shopping and entertainment. Plus, everywhere you look in Kansas City, there’s another fountain dancing in front of you. They were one of the first cities in the US to add a pedestrian mall back in the fifties says Jason Clampet, senior online editor for Frommers.com. Plus you’ve got great barbecue there, and you can spend all day going from barbecue to barbecue joint . . . it’s that delicious. - Forbes Magazine
Founded more than 120 years ago by German physicians, Research Medical Center has become one of the crown jewels in the HCA Midwest Health System. Located in the heart of Kansas City, Research Medical Center is among the only tertiary care centers serving Kansas City proper. Over the past century, this 507-bed institution has built a tradition of serving residents in Kansas City and a 150-mile surrounding region with exceptional patient care and leading technology. Research Medical Center has completed more than $100 million in capital improvements, including new lobby and admitting areas, renovated and expanded Cancer Center and Women’s Care Unit, construction of all private patient rooms and doubling the Emergency Department.
Recognizing the need for highly specialized programs to treat the critically ill, Research Medical Center has selected four specific clinical areas and designated them as a "Center of Excellence." These four centers represent a commitment by the Medical Center to provide the very best facilities, the most technologically advanced equipment and some of the top physicians and staff specialists in the region.