General Surgery Job In Crawfordsville, Indiana
Physician - General SurgeryNext Steps... Apply Now
Franciscan Physician Network
1704 Lafayette Road
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Franciscan Physician Network -- Franciscan Health Crawfordsville is seeking two Board Certified/Board Eligible General Surgeons with experience (or willingness to become trained) in Endoscopy (Upper & Lower GI) to join our team.
WHAT WE NEED
Ideal candidate will possess strong clinical and operative skills, as well as prioritize patient satisfaction. Candidate will display good interpersonal skills and desire to develop strong ties with the community and existing medical staff. Physician will need to work collaboratively to coordinate and deliver the highest quality of patient care.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Schedule M - F, 8A - 5P
- Call Expectation of 1:3
- Most common procedures performed: Laparoscopic Appendectomy, Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy, Hernia Repair, Colon Resection, Portacath and Vascular Access, Breast, Skin & Soft Tissue, and Upper & Lower GI Endoscopy procedures
- Da Vinci Robot ("Si" with "Firefly")- considerable console time available weekly; Hospital willing to negotiate training and proctoring for a surgeon willing to become competent on robotic-assisted surgeries
- Reliable instrumentation and equipment
- Newly renovated General Surgery office across parking lot from Hospital
- Well-trained OR staff
- Hospital is in the process of a major infrastructure investment
- brand new Emergency Department
- plans to renovate and expand Surgery Department
- high-technology Radiology Department with brand new MRI and CT
- An Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) program is implemented for the Colorectal service line
- Acute Pain Service/Regional Nerve Blocks available (including TAP blocks and multimodal analgesia)
- Crawfordsville, county seat of Montgomery County, IN, is located 45 minutes from downtown Indianapolis and 30 minutes south of Lafayette, IN. Home to Wabash College and a short commute to Purdue University, this small rural setting offers an affordable cost of living with excellent school options including: Crawfordsville, South Montgomery and North Montgomery school corporations
- Crawfordsville = 16,000; Montgomery County = 38,000
- Will also see many patients from adjacent Fountain and Parke Counties (which lack hospitals)
- Combined patient population draw of approximately 75,000 in regional catchment area
- Opportunities for a choice in homes (“Historic Downtown Crawfordsville” homes, Lake Holiday, multiple established neighborhoods/subdivisions, or properties with significant acreage/farm land – all available within a reasonable price and a close distance to the hospital)
- Diverse employment base (with good commercially-insured base of employees)
- Municipal Airport – especially suited for amateur pilots
- Outdoors Activities available:
- Located proximal to several Indiana State Parks (Turkey Run S.P., Shades S.P., Pine Ridge Nature Preserve, Lake Waveland, and Raccoon Lake)
- Sugar Creek courses through Crawfordsville and Montgomery County – canoeing, kayaking, fishing
- Hunting opportunities available in the region
- Golf courses (Crawfordsville Country Club, Crawfordsville Municipal, and Rock Ridge)
- Sugar Creek Trail (5+ mile pedestrian and bike trail)
WHO WE ARE
Franciscan Physician Network (FPN), a division of FRANCISCAN HEALTH, brings together the many primary care and specialty physician groups associated with Franciscan Health’s hospitals and access points across Indiana and Illinois. FPN includes more than 900 physicians and advanced practice providers at 260 locations, who are devoted to creating the best outcomes for more than 4 million outpatient visits annually.
Franciscan Health is one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the Midwest employing a work force greater than 18,000. With 14 hospitals and a number of nationally recognized Centers of Health Care Excellence, Franciscan Health takes pride in providing convenient, comprehensive care for our patients and the community we serve.
Our calling is to provide exceptional healthcare services that will continue Christ’s ministry in our Franciscan tradition. Experienced providers who share our mission of quality, compassionate care and outstanding customer service are encouraged to apply.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Franciscan Physician Network we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our providers. Full- and part-time opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
- Competitive compensation, including income guarantee, with bonus incentives
- Generous recruitment bonus program including relocation allowance; commencement and retention packages
- Paid malpractice
- 27 days of Allowed Time Off; plus five additional paid days for CME with annual stipend
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Retirement options, including 403(b), 457(b), 401(a)
- Short- and Long-Term Own Occupation Disability
- Customized marketing support
- Leadership development through board and committee opportunities
For more information, please contact Physician and Provider Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (844) 376-3627.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
0-1 Years Experience
License(s): Physician License
Travel:Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.