Nurse Practitioner Job In Nyack, New York
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner - NocturnistNext Steps... Apply Now
A Collegial Practice That Works For You
Sound continues to innovate in new ways to provide quality care and reduce costs. By unifying hospital medicine and critical care programs under the Sound umbrella we have been able to improve care delivery stay and receive higher patient satisfaction. As a way to better hear the voices in communities we serve, Sound takes HCAHPS seriously. Not surprisingly, Sound’s integrated programs have 2.4% higher average HCAHPS scores than non-integrated programs as quality care methods can be better implemented when hospital medicine and critical care programs unite. This is a direct result of successful efficiency measures implemented by a united approach to medicine.
- Very lucrative compensation
- 375-bed community hospital affiliated with Montefiore Health System
- Established team of 16 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and clinical performance nurses
- No call environment; No RRT; No procedures required
- Intensivist coverage by Sound's own critical care team; Closed ICU coming Summer 2021
- Schedule: 7pm - 7am (7 on/7 off)
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in New York
- Experienced ACNP only; Not open to new grads
- Hospitalist med/surge experience required
Location & Lifestyle
The hospital is located along the Hudson River and offers easy access to both Upstate New York and the New York City metro area. Nyack’s unique location provides physicians with the opportunity to live in this quaint town or closer to the city, for a more urban environment. The hospital is a long-standing employer in Nyack and supports the local community through employee engagement and sponsorships.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.