RN Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Registered Nurse (RN), Pediatrics - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)
This job was posted today. Be one of the first applicants.
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
$5,000 HIRING BONUS!
In a career as a Registered Nurse Pediatrics, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will utilize a systematic approach to nursing practice in the Boys Town Pediatric Clinics incorporating assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, thus providing continuing health care to individuals, families, and communities.
Schedule: Full-Time, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM Monday-Friday, One-Half Day, Saturday Rotation 8:00 AM-12:00 PM, On-Call once every 2-3 months
Location: Pacific Street Clinic
- Completes an accurate assessment of physical, mental, emotional development and social conditions when interviewing patients and families in the clinic and on the telephone.
- Demonstrates age-specific competency in the performance of initial and ongoing assessments of the patient to determine nursing care needs and includes data from parent/guardian in the assessment process; prioritizes care based on needs.
- Provides teaching that is specific to the patient's health issues, based on cultural, cognitive, emotional and social influences and the patient's/family's ability and readiness to learn; provides education relevant to the visit to the patient/family before discharge from the clinic setting.
- Implements nursing care activities according to patient needs or as directed by the medical provider in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- A registered nurse who is a graduate of an accredited school with a current state license, required
- Minimum of one year of experience in an ambulatory health care facility or a hospital and pediatric experience, preferred,
- BLS certified.
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town National Research Hospital offers a broad range of hospital and clinic services, backed by 40 years of life-changing research to provide the latest, most innovative care to our patients. From pediatric inpatient hospitalization and surgical services to outpatient visits, to residential care for children and adolescents with severe behavioral disorders, our board certified specialists and highly trained pediatric nurses’ focus on caring for the unique needs of children and their families. Boys Town National Research Hospital is a license acute care hospital and psychiatric residential treatment facility and accredited by The Joint Commission. Boys Town National Research Hospital is part of Boys Town, which has been committed to the care of children for over 100 years.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town’s mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our expects and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job; it is a way of life.
Date Posted: July 19th, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.