RN Job In Rolla, Missouri
Clinic RN - Medical GroupNext Steps... Apply Now
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
The Office RN assists the physician or mid-level provider by providing assessment, treatment, testing, and education for the patients of the practice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Administers medications (oral, IM, SC, topical, and IV) as ordered.
2. Assists the provider with procedures, doing set up of needed instruments and supplies.
3. Assists with examination as requested within scope of practice.
4. Documents chief complaint/visit reason and details according to provider preference.
5. Documents patient care in the medical record completely and accurately.
6. Initiates, reviews, and updates patient's medication and summary lists according to provider preference.
7. Maintains optimum inventory of medications and supplies.
8. Maintains venous access devices (ports) and administers IV push medications and flushes as ordered.
9. Obtains patient weight and vital signs accurately.
10. Performs point of care lab testing and obtains blood samples and other specimens for lab testing as ordered.
11. Provides patient teaching and supportive services as directed.
12. Provides treatments as ordered.
13. Schedules diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, obtaining precertification authorization as required by payers.
14. Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
Graduate of an accredited RN program required.
Minimum Work Experience
Nursing or other health care experience preferred but not required.
Current RN license in the state of Missouri or Compact state required. American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification required.
Considerable mental concentration required. Lifting up to 35 lbs., turning activities and nearly constant walking required. Standing, turning, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching.
Frequent exposure to infectious disease and hostile persons at times. Frequent exposure to communicable disease via blood and other body fluids. Minimal physical discomfort.
Receipt and Acknowledgment
I acknowledge and understand that:
• Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind, and that my employment is at-will.
• This job description indicates the general nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of recipient. I know of no limitations which would prevent me from performing these functions with or without reasonable accommodation. I further understand that it is my responsibility to inform my supervisor at any time if I am unable to perform essential functions of the job.
• Job duties, tasks, work hours and work requirements may be changed at any time.
• Acceptable job performance includes completion of the job responsibilities as well as compliance with the policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
• I have read and understand this job description.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.