General Surgery Job In San Antonio, Texas
General Surgeon Opportunity 90 minutes east of San Antonio, TexasNext Steps... Apply Now
Job Summary:Methodist Healthcare System is supporting rural hospital recruitment efforts for a general surgeon to join an employed practice in Cuero, TX.
- Board certified or board eligible in general surgery
- Texas medical license, or eligible for Texas licensure
- Position not eligible for visa support
- Base salary plus productivity model
- Employed/contracted multi-specialty practice includes 8 physicians and 7 advanced practice providers
- Robust recruitment and benefits package provided
About Cuero Regional Hospital:
- 49 beds (4 ICU, 5 OB, 40 Med/Surg); opened in 1970
- 100 miles from San Antonio; 100 miles from Austin; 28 miles from Victoria; 150 miles from Houston; 100 miles from Corpus Christi; 55 miles from the Gulf Coast
- ER accounts for 9,500 visits per year –ER Expansion opened June/July 2018
- Affiliation agreement with Methodist Healthcare, San Antonio. Agreement fosters supply/capital cost efficiencies, education/training and a variety of other resources
- Methodist Healthcare System is the largest provider of health care in South and Central Texas with 28 facilities, including nine acute care hospitals serving over 94,000 inpatients and 500,000 outpatients annually
Cuero is a city in DeWitt County, Texas and is located just 100 miles southeast of San Antonio, Cuero is a great place to visit if you love Texas history, the scenic beauty of the Lone Star State, or if you’re looking for an unforgettable weekend getaway. Cuero was nominated by Budget Travel Magazine in 2010 as one of the “Coolest Small Towns in America,” for its fun festivals, outdoor adventure, and a Texas-size serving of history.