Internal Medicine Job In Thousand Oaks, California
HospitalistNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center is a licensed 404-bed acute care facility and fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Los Robles Hospital has the only Level II Trauma Center in Eastern Ventura County and the only Emergency room in both Los Angeles and Ventura Counties with the coveted EDAP (Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics) rating. In addition, it is the only hospital certified by both Counties as a STEMI-designated heart attack center for rapid heart attack response and is a Comprehensive Stroke Center. With over 600 physicians on its medical staff, representing over 50 medical specialties, Los Robles is proud to be the community’s most trusted resource for health and a regional destination for care.
- 10 physicians and a clinical performance nurse
- No procedures
- Open ICU with intensivists on site
- 7 on/7 off
- Academic opportunity
- Must be internal medicine trained; experience is a plus!
- New IM grads encouraged to apply
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Only thirty-minute drive south to the beautiful beaches of Malibu. Thousand Oaks offers a thriving business environment with attractive shopping, restaurants, culture, and pleasant year-round temperatures averaging 60 – 75 degrees. Likewise, citizens are committed to preserving the city’s setting within a picturesque plateau, rimmed by tree-dotted hills and scenic mountains.
The parks are filled with open fields, trails, wilderness, and wildlife to entice many urban-weary San Fernando Valley families to seek relocation in the Conejo Valley. Many neighborhoods have schools within walking distance, parks, greenbelts, cul-de-sacs, and other amenities along with gated communities providing privacy and security paired with rolling hills, gulches, and canyons, indigenous oaks, and sycamores as well as natural and man-made lakes.
Los Robles has consistently earned top honors throughout the state and county:
- Rated in the top 5% of the hospitals nationwide for clinical excellence and as one of 12 hospitals in the state as a prominent hospital for clinical excellence by the National Research Corporation
- Rated as Ventura County’s Most Preferred Hospital for Overall Healthcare Services by the National Research Corporation
- Rated by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as one of the best hospitals in the nation and the state for cardiac care outcomes
- Rated by the National Research Corporation as one of the best heart centers in the nation and Ventura County for clinical outcomes
- One of 127 hospitals in the nation to achieve Beacon Award status for critical care excellence
- Only Emergency Room in East Ventura County designated as a Level II Trauma Center
- Only Emergency Room in both Los Angeles and Ventura Counties to carry the coveted Los
- Angeles County EDAP (Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics) rating
Plus many, many more!
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.