Internal Medicine Job In Asheville, North Carolina
Facility Medical Director Opportunity in Asheville, NCNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Job Summary:TeamHealth, along with Mission Health, is seeking a hospital medicine leader for the role of facility medical director at Mission Hospital in Asheville, NC.
- Must be Board Certified in Internal Medicine with 5+ years of Hospital Medicine leadership experience
- The ideal candidate will have strong administrative and team building skills as well as experience in achieving quality metric goals.
- As facility medical director (FMD), you will be responsible for developing and sustaining relationships, impacting clinical strategies and workflows that promote evidence-based practice, patient satisfaction and improve value-based healthcare delivery. As FMD, you will be responsible for managing the clinical, human and capital resources of the facility.
- This leadership opportunity will report directly to the system medical director and vice president of operations and will be responsible for the oversight of a team of over 60 full-time physicians and advanced practice clinicians. This is an administrative position with the ability of working clinical shifts as needed.
- Duties may include, but are not limited to attend hospital general medical staff meetings, serve as a representative on hospital committees, and produce and manage FMD report to appropriate system medical director (SMD), senior vice president (SVP), executive vice president (EVP), and vice president operations (VPO). You may also schedule, conduct and report on monthly or bi-monthly departmental meetings, manage staffing schedule and a core clinical team, and produce and execute a yearly departmental strategic plan. In this role, you will be responsible for attending monthly goal progress meetings with hospital administration along with SMD and VPO and attending leadership training programs provided by TeamHealth.
- Competitive compensation
- Great health benefits
- Sign-on and relocation incentives
- TeamHealth is a physician-led, patient-focused company with over 22,000 clinicians. Founded by doctors, for doctors, our success stems from the ingenuity, dedicated teamwork and integrity of our people. At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect the practice of medicine, every day, in everything we do. We are proud to be the leading physician practice in the United States, driven by our commitment to quality and safety and supported by our world-class operating team.
- Western NC’s flagship hospital licensed for 815 beds
- Regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care and the region’s only Level II trauma center
- New 630,000 square foot North Tower, including state-of-the-art 94-bed emergency department
- 220-bed acute and critical care facility
- 29 ORs and 3 daVinci surgical robots
- The hospital has an Internal Medicine residency program in which our clinicians are currently the core faculty. We have excellent subspecialty support and our team enjoys a great working relationship with our specialists.
While Asheville retains the charm and friendliness of a medium-sized city, it boasts the amenities of a much larger city. Theater, live music, festivals, excellent restaurants, diverse populations, art galleries, cultural diversions and museums abound. Eclectic art galleries, micro-breweries and cozy cafes can be found at every turn. A food lover's paradise, culinary offerings range from traditional southern comfort food to four-star cuisine. Asheville is also home to America's largest privately-owned home, the Biltmore Estate, and the historic Grove Park Inn. Downtown Asheville is pedestrian-friendly and dog-friendly, and the city's unique skyline of art-deco style buildings are surrounded by the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.
Mission Hospital is a Level II Trauma Center licensed for 730 beds and serves as the tertiary referral center for Western North Carolina. Mission Hospital's Heart Services was named one of the nation's Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics in 2013. For the seventh consecutive year, Mission Health System was named as one of the nation's Top 15 Health Systems by Truven Health Analytics. Mission Health System also has been recognized by The Commonwealth Fund as having one of the most effective quality improvement programs in US hospitals.