Administration & Executive Job In West Columbia, South Carolina
Collections AssociateNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Full Time - 40 Hours
8:30 am -5:00 pm
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Hospitals to Work for in the U.S., the heart of LMC is our 557-bed modern state-of-the-art facility. Winning the prestigious, "Summit Award" from Press Ganey for outstanding patient satisfaction, "Consumer Choice Award" from the National Research Corporation, all contributing to our reputation for giving our patients the highest quality care. Lexington Medical Center was voted one of South Carolina’s “Best Places to Work” for 2019!
We are located in heart of the Midlands, right outside of Columbia, SC, and one of the most successful integrated healthcare systems in the Southeast. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our LMC Family.
Employee is responsible for all general office functions including assisting Collectors with billing and collecting functions. Employee is responsible for all collection activities necessary to recover bad debts. Includes billing and collecting for all medical services provided by Lexington Medical Center (LMC). Communicates with any appropriate party necessary to resolve outstanding accounts. Interprets and applies compliance guidelines to maintain billing integrity. Keeps manager apprised on all significant issues. Maintains the highest level of professionalism while representing the organization.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3 Years of business/Insurance experience in a medical office practice or hospital.
Substitutable Education & Experience (Optional): None.
Required Certifications/Licensure: None.
Must have extensive knowledge of medical terminology and personal computers;
Must be computer literate (ability to work in multiple applications).
- Check Processing, bookkeeping, mail, refunds, and cashier functions.
- Process all inquiries both written and verbal from patients, including tax appeals, and insurance companies promptly and accurately.
- Assist in coordinating the annual tax program.
- Follow-up on attorney and bankruptcy requests.
- Assists with processing payroll deductions to ensure accuracy.
- 6.Accurately preparing patient statements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Research and follow-up on all claims/charges.
- Perform collections.
- Provides education and support for all.
- Help maintain the work area in a neat and orderly fashion. Responsible for keeping supplies necessary to perform the job duties.
- Demonstrates appropriate communication of information to all ages and responds to all customers/patients requests and needs, i.e., hard of hearing, etc.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Employees are eligible for enrollment into the 403(b) match plan day one. LHI matches dollar for dollar up to 6%.
- Employer paid life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Employee may elect supplemental life insurance with low cost premiums up to 3x salary
- Adoption assistance
- LHI provides its full-time employees employer paid short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee’s desires and abilities and the hospital’s needs