Maternal Fetal Medicine Job In Austin, Texas
Maternal Fetal Medicine Opportunity in Austin, TexasNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Maternal & Fetal Medicine
Job Summary:Austin Maternal Fetal Medicine seeks a board certified/board eligible maternal fetal medicine specialist to join a busy perinatal practice in Austin, TX.
- New graduates and practicing maternal fetal medicine physicians
- Call schedule of 1:8
- Outpatient consultative practice
- Significant amount of co-management for pregnancies with maternal and fetal complications
- Inpatient consultation for a busy, expanding antepartum service
- Manage multiple intrapartum conditions, including glycemic and hypertension management, as well as more complex maternal conditions, including coagulopathy and cardiopulmonary disease
- While we do not do deliveries, we have a robust obstetrical hospitalist program
- HCA Healthcare hospital-employed position
- Competitive salary with bonus structure
- Benefits including health, life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401k plan with competitive employer-matched rates
- CME allowance and relocation assistance
- Occurrence based malpractice coverage, including tail
- Austin Maternal Fetal Medicine is an AIUM accredited practice with seven maternal fetal medicine specialists
- The practice performs a wide variety of services, including preconception counseling, fetal screening, chorionic villous sampling, amniocentesis, fetal echocardiography, and management and treatment of maternal and fetal complications
- NIH MFMU site
- Has state of the art GE ultrasound equipment and maintains certified ultrasonographers through the Fetal Medicine Foundation
- The campus is home to St. David's Women's Center of Texas, St. David's Children's Hospital, St. David's Surgical Hospital and Galen College of Nursing Austin
- 24-hour in-house neonatology coverage for the 67 neonatal intensive care bassinets
- Level III NICU
- 24-hour emergency department
- The Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery
- Kidney Transplant Program
- Heart and Vascular Center
- 100 Top Hospital by IBM Watson and Leapfrog "Grade A" Hospital Safety scores
Austin has earned a reputation as one of the best places to live in the nation. Among Texas towns, Austin has been named “Best Place for Business and Careers,” “Live Music Capital of the World,” and “Best Town for Relocation of Families.” Austin has a lot to offer singles as well as families, from downtown loft living to quieter neighborhoods by the lake or in the hill country. Austin has around 300 days of sunshine each year with excellent schools, fine arts, lakes, limitless outdoor activities, and year round festivals. This is a great opportunity as a stipend recipient to join one of the best HCA Healthcare Women’s Centers in the country.
Austin is the capital of Texas and the seat of Travis County. Located in Central Texas on the eastern edge of the American Southwest, Austin is the 13th most populous city in the United States of America and the fourth most populous city in the state of Texas. It was the third-fastest-growing large city in the nation from 2000 to 2006. Austin has a population of 820,611 (2011 U.S. Census). The city is the cultural and economic center of the Austin–Round Rock–San Marcos metropolitan area, which has an estimated population 1,783,519.
Residents of Austin are known as "Austinites". They include a diverse mix of government employees (e.g., university faculty & staff, law enforcement, political staffers); foreign and domestic college students; musicians; high-tech workers; blue-collar workers and businesspeople. The city is home to development centers for many technology corporations; it adopted the "Silicon Hills" nickname in the 1990s. However, the current official slogan promotes Austin as "The Live Music Capital of the World", a reference to the many musicians and live music venues within the area, and the long-running PBS TV concert series Austin City Limits.
North Austin Medical Center, 210-bed full service hospital, combines convenience with state-of-the-art healthcare services. The future of healthcare is evident in the design of the 652,000 square foot facility, allowing covered and easy access to an extensive variety of inpatient and outpatient services. Conveniently located at the Parmer Lane exit of MoPac Expressway North (Loop 1), NAMC boasts a comprehensive facility to accommodate everyone's health care needs.
NAMC proudly serves Austin and surrounding communities with an open medical staff with more than 950 physicians in a variety of specialties.