Hospitalist Job In Canton, Ohio
HospitalistNext Steps... Apply Now
Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Mercy Medical Center is a 476-bed hospital and part of the Sisters of Charity Health System serving Stark, Carroll, Wayne, Holmes, and Tuscarawas Counties and parts of Southeastern Ohio. Join this established team of 19 physicians, four advanced practice providers, and a clinical performance nurse with very low turnover, excellent leadership, and collaboration with the hospital administration.
- Full Subspecialty support
- Residents and hospitalist will run codes; no call environment
- Block schedule, 7 on/7 off; 7 pm – 7 am and swing shift physician is on until 12 midnight to assist with admissions; APP on staff overnight with nocturnist to assist with cross coverage calls and lower acuity admissions
- Meditech EMR
- Open ICU – hospitalists have patients in ICU, however with full intensivist support, minimal procedures are required and the intensivists will manage vents, pressors, etc.
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Canton, Ohio, located less than an hour from downtown Cleveland, Ohio, is home to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, the National First Ladies' Historic Site and many other cultural and historic landmarks. The greater Stark County area also offers several school districts rated excellent by the Ohio Department of Education and exceptional colleges and universities, including the University of Mount Union, Malone University, Walsh University, Kent State University at Stark and Stark State College. You'll also find easy access to excellent schools and low cost of living, coupled with outstanding restaurants, farmers' markets, shopping and entertainment venues. And don’t forget to check out the numerous cultural and performing arts events – from orchestras and theatres to museums and art galleries.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.