Hospitalist Job In Las Vegas, Nevada
HospitalistNext Steps... Apply Now
Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
University Medical Center of Southern Nevada is a 588-bed non-profit Level 1 Trauma Center affiliated with University of Nevada School of Medicine with residency programs in internal medicine, family medicine, surgery, OB-Gyn and fellowship programs in pulmonology/critical care, gastroenterology, cardiology, orthopedic surgery and more. UMC serves southern Nevada, and parts of California, Utah, and Arizona.
- Join an established 18 physician team with 2 advanced practitioners and a Clinical Performance Nurse
- All other specialties and excellent subspecialty backup is available
- Designated code team with resident and fellows; hospitalists assist on their patients as available
- No call position
- ICU staffed 24/7 by the intensivist team and fellows
- Swing and Night Admissions
- Blocked schedule with 7on/7off for a sustainable career; day shift is 7am-7pm, swing shift is 12pm-12am, night shift is 9pm-9am
- Epic EMR
- Compensation includes shift rates plus quality and productivity bonuses; benefits include health, dental, life, STD, LTD, professional liability insurance and tail coverage in addition to relocation
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Location & Lifestyle
Las Vegas is much more than the Strip and gaming. It is home to 2 million people in family-focused neighborhoods, award-winning master-planned communities with a unique and wide variety of entertainment and five-star dining options. Las Vegas and the suburbs of Summerlin and Henderson are the fastest growing and have been voted the most livable cities because of the climate, and the amenities such as golfing, hiking, and even boating and camping at Lake Mead and nearby National Parks that can be enjoyed all year!
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.