Nurse Practitioner Job In Richmond, Virginia
Nurse Practitioner or Physician AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now
Richmond, Virginia – Currently hiring Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Richmond has received a great amount of attention in recent years as a growing trendy and stylish city with an ever growing selection of restaurants, shops and galleries. There are diverse places of worship, world class museums along with a huge array of entertainment options from concerts and theatre performances to family friendly festivals.
The growth of Richmond attracts urban professionals to the lofts of the downtown area, as well as the upscale communities on the West End. The housing ranges from trendy apartments overlooking the water, to enchanting homes with beautiful historic architecture. Richmond is the only region in America with whitewater rapids running through its downtown district.
There are over 100 parks and plenty of recreational activities, sports activities, indoor, outdoor and on the water! There are also plenty of options for families seeking friendly suburban communities to homes with substantial acreage to stable horses and enjoy farm living. Each option has its own unique personality and appeal. And one of the highlights of this city is that there is easy access to the mountains AND the beaches! There is absolutely no shortage of options in Richmond!
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams.
Sound values our advanced practice providers and realize they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP Collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APPs that are provided to our physician providers.
- 391 bed hospital, Catholic non-profit, top rated community hospital
- Established 24 physician team with 7 advanced practitioners and hospitalist RN
- Open ICU with Intensivists on staff
- Schedule: 1pm to 11pm or 7pm to 7am
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Virginia. Will consider Family Practice or Geriatric Certification with recent acute care experience
- New grads only considered that have RN Critical Care experience AND available for 25% night shifts; ideally looking for candidate with minimum of 2 years with recent acute care experience
In support of our core values, we ensure our advanced practice providers have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care. You will be involved with driving improvements in quality, patient satisfaction, and aligning with hospital leadership in achieving the goals set for the team.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.