Interventional Cardiology Job In Fort Wayne, Indiana
Cardiology (Interventional) position - Northeast INDIANANext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Julie Cox: Sign in to view
Lutheran Medical Group, a large multi-specialty group of 60+ physicians is seeking an additional Interventional Cardiologists to join their existing group of 17 with 7 Interventionalists (Drs. Bilodeau, Meier, Choi, Chilakamarri, Reed, Hanley, and Aggarwal)
- Established group (40+ years)
- Call Schedule currently: 1 in 4
- Number of Interventional Cardiologists in Allen County (Ft. Wayne) = 7 LMG, 1 St. Joe, 8 Parkview.
- Reason for Search: volume (due to growth), acuity of patients, several group members nearing retirement
- Group has two main offices adjacent to Lutheran campus and Dupont campus plus 8 regional offices: Auburn, IN / Bluffton, IN / Decatur, IN / Warsaw, IN / Paulding, OH / Van Wert, OH
Competitive financial package to include:
- Salary based on MGMA guidelines plus incentive (based on WRVUs)
- Commencement and/or Signing Bonus
- Relocation Expenses
- Potential for Mid-Level Supervision
- Quality Incentive Bonus
- Potential ownership option in Hospital
- Fellowship Stipend
- Medical Education Debt Assistance
- CME, Vacation, Health Insurance, Retirement
Members of the Lutheran Health Network, which is owned by Community Health Systems, include Bluffton Regional Medical Center, Dukes Memorial Hospital, Dupont Hospital, Kosciusko Community Hospital, Lutheran Hospital, The Orthopedic Hospital, RediMed, Rehabilitation Hospital of Fort Wayne, St. Joseph Hospital and CommunityMemorialHospital (an affiliate).
The community of Fort Wayne, Indiana is a great place to live and work; earning the All-American City Award and the City of Livability Award. Our community is affordable with a cost of living 9% below national average. The education system includes universities, colleges and excellent private and public schools. Art and cultural activities are abundant with an award winning zoo, nature trails, orchestra, museum in addition to professional sports, minor league and Division I college sports. Furthermore, it is a short drive to major metropolitan areas like Indianapolis, Chicago and Cincinnati.
Medical practices attracted to city
Fort Wayne is one of the best places in the country to open a medical practice, according to a Pennsylvania-based firm that estimates small-business values.
Fort Wayne ranked fourth in the latest rankings from BizEquity. Business values are based on what they would be sold for in the open market, said Tom Taulli founder of BizEquity, which released the rankings Friday.
Taulli said 150 cities with populations exceeding 100,000 were evaluated for the study. Indianapolis ranked 15th.
BizEquity’s rankings consider revenue, number of employees, local economic environment and market share. The firm doesn’t consider medical practices valued at more than $10 million, Taulli said.
Lutheran Hospital is a 435-bed facility located in Fort Wayne, Ind. The hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and offers a wide range of services, including Cardiac Services (including cardiac research), Pediatrics, OB, Oncology, Orthopedics, Occupational Medicine, Heart Transplantation, Emergency Medicine, Sleep Lab, Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery and a Diabetes Treatment Center. HealthGrades recognized Lutheran with the 2005 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence(r).