RN Job In New York, New York
HARP Care Manager - Field BasedNext Steps... Apply Now
We are seeking a dynamic Field based HARP Care Manager to join our New York City team!
About the Position:
We are seeking a dynamic Field based HARP Care Manager to join our New York City team. The Care Manager authorizes and reviews utilization of mental health and substance abuse services provided in inpatient, outpatient and intermediate care settings; assists with discharge planning and ambulatory follow up activity; Maintains phone coverage for Clinical Referral line on ACD system; provides member assistance with mental health and substance abuse issues, and participates in special utilization projects. Scheduling of work hours is in accordance with business needs and may include evening and on-call responsibilities when needed.
***This position is a field-based position
- Determines appropriate level of care related to mental health and substance abuse treatment for members based on Beacon's medical necessity criteria
- Analyzes specific utilization problems, and plans and implements solutions that directly influence quality of care and financial liability
- Interacts with physicians and other members of the provider clinical team for discharge planning
- Performs telephonic case review for pre-admission and continuing care in psychiatric and substance treatment facilities as assigned
- Provides telephone triage, crisis intervention and emergency authorizations as assigned
- Performs concurrent reviews for inpatient care and other levels of care as allowed by scope and practice and experience
- Provides information to members and providers regarding mental health and substance abuse benefits, and community treatment resources
- Interacts with Physician Advisors to discuss clinical/authorization questions and concerns regarding specific cases
- Interacts with providers and facilities in a professional, respectful manner that facilitates the treatment process
- Authorizes treatment for medical necessity for mental health and substance abuse problems according to clinical information given by providers and internal criteria for medical necessity and appropriateness of care
- Proposes alternative plans of treatment when requests for services do not meet medical necessity criteria
- Complies with Beacon's standards for documentation of clinical information, clinical contacts and authorization of care
- Schedules outpatient appointments as necessary based on urgency and clinical need
- Assists with NCQA, URAC and other QI initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
Non-certifications may not be issued on initial review, and always require consultation with a Physician or Psychologist Advisor
- Licenses: Current, valid and unrestricted licensure for practice required with proof on date of hire. Re-verification will take place no less than every 3 years. Must be a licensed behavioral health clinician and practice within the scope of their licensure with a minimum of 3 years behavioral health experience
- Clinicians are required to be educated in current principles, procedures and knowledge of behavior health.
- Experience in behavioral health managed care or clinical setting
- Knowledge of behavioral health recovery oriented services
- Experience in SMI, SUD, co-occurring disorders
- Demonstrated work experience to influence and negotiate to effectively manage patient care and health care outcomes
- Staff providing utilization review services will have at least one of the following:
- Master's degree or higher in a health related field and licensure as a behavioral health professional.
- RN, licensure as a professional
Click below on "Apply for this Position" to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Strategies, LLC., a Beacon Health Options company, is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer as well as a Drug Free Work Environment. EOE/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate's data privacy is a top priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using official company email (@BeaconHealthOptions.com). Only candidates who have applied for an open position through our Careers page (careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable information from you.
AAP Reporting Location:
ID (Req #):
Monday through Friday