Anesthesiology Job In Cypress, Texas
Pre Admit NP Employment Opportunity - Cypress/Houston, TexasNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Department: Perioperative Services Position Title: Pre-Anesthesia Testing Advanced Practice Nurse
Reports to: Director, Perioperative Services
This position supports the mission of HCA and the Gulf Coast Division; “above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.” This is realized by the commitment to put patients first, with quality, respect, safety and teamwork in all interactions with every patient, family, staff member, physician and the public.
License / Certifications / Requirements
- Nurse Practitioner License in the State of Texas required.
- Baccalaureate degree required.
- Experience in Surgical Services or Pre-Anesthesia Testing preferred.
The Pre-Anesthesia Testing Advanced Practice RN works under the Medical Director of Anesthesia Services to provide preoperative screening care to patients who are planning to undergo surgery. This includes either the direct assessment or review of assessments of the Pre-Anesthesia RN, ordering of appropriate preoperative diagnostic testing, and ordering of appropriate specialty clearances.
Duties for this position included but are not limited to the following:
- Promotes a culture that is positive, that values individual strengths, takes risks, and is committed to optimal patient care, and compliance with regulatory standards.
- Facilitates the growth of hospital knowledge regarding quality and high reliability, including the dissemination and implementation of “best practices” across the facility.
- Assists with proactive patient safety activities to help create facilities that are high reliability organizations, as reflected in reduced errors, elimination of unsafe processes, and increased involvement of staff and physicians toward a culture of safety.
- Utilizes problem-solving methodology; serious event analysis (SEA) /root cause analysis (RCA); and/or Failure, Mode, Effects & Criticality Analysis (FMECA) as appropriate.
- Performs regular analysis of facility quality and risk performance data, and plan steps based on data analysis for ongoing improvement.
- Supports clinical process improvement teams as needed to achieve quality and performance improvement goals.
- Executes special projects and other duties as assigned.
INTERACTION WITH OTHER DEPARTMENTS:
Works with multiple departments but not limited to lab, radiology, cardiology, registration, surgery, and bariatrics.
Has adopted and exhibits customer service behaviors. Learns and performs customer service scripts, as instructed, with patients, families, co-workers and physicians. Collaborates with Division and Corporate entities and external parties to ensure that strategic quality and patient safety initiatives are fully executed at the facility level.
This job requires supervision of the Pre-Anesthesia Testing Department
The North Cypress facility is located in Cypress, Texas, northeast of Houston. It is a great place to call home! It is a medium-sized community with 120,603 residents. It has a high percentage of newly built homes, on average, some of the newest in the nation. The growing population is comprised of affluent, well-educated people with median household incomes of $92,752 and over 42% holding at least a bachelor’s degree. This makes Cypress the 50th on the List of highest-income urban areas in the United States – a phenomenal payor mix for healthcare professionals.
Just 20 miles away sits downtown Houston, the nation’s fourth-largest city. The most diverse city in America has a lot to offer, including professional sports teams, the theater and museum districts, hundreds of clubs and live music venues. With its gigantic Galleria and more, Houston is a shopper’s paradise. Houston’s sunny climate makes it easy to enjoy the municipal parks, jogging paths, and bike trails. Piney woods, area lakes, Galveston Bay, and sunny Gulf Coast beaches are all less than an hour away. Families will appreciate the excellence of the area’s public and private schools and availability of institutions of higher learning.
HCA Houston Healthcare North Cypress is the newest addition to a growing complement of hospitals in the Houston area – a 140-bed general acute care hospital, founded by local physicians who wanted to create a sophisticated, upscale, patient-friendly healthcare environment for their community. Services include the latest, state-of-the-art medical technology and equipment, well-respected area physicians, and an upscale 5-star hotel-like ambiance. Designed with patients and physicians in mind, North Cypress aims to be the hospital of choice for the Northwest corridor.
HCA Healthcare is the nation's top-performing healthcare system, made up of 177 locally managed facilities and 119 freestanding surgery centers. We are a Fortune 500 company dedicated to creating healthy communities.