Nurse Practitioner Job In Manchester, Connecticut
Nurse Practitioner or Physician AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now
Manchester, Connecticut – Currently hiring hospitalist Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistants
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams.
Sound values our advanced practice providers and realize they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP Collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APPs that are provided to our physician providers.
The APP Hospitalist Role
- 249 bed, acute care hospital - part of Eastern Connecticut Health Network.
- Established 18 physician team with advanced practitioners and hospitalist RN
- Hospitalists run codes except those that occur in the ED
- Open ICU
- M-F schedule 1p-9p
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in CT. Will consider Family Practice or Geriatric Certification with recent acute care experience. Not open to new grads – ideally looking for candidate with recent acute care experience.
Location and Lifestyle
Hartford is home to many diverse and historic neighborhoods. Downtown is filled with a number of museums and historical shops and also houses the State Capitol and central business district. The communities surrounding downtown are filled with parks and Universities, one of with being Trinity College, which is one of the nation’s oldest institutions of higher learning.
Connecticut offers 42 higher education institutions, a host of historical and cultural amenities, quality health care and a diverse natural environment from the peak of Bear Mountain to the 1,065 miles of coastal shoreline, which includes all saltwater-influenced watercourses.
In support of our core values, we ensure our advanced practice providers have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care. You will be involved with driving improvements in quality, patient satisfaction, and aligning with hospital leadership in achieving the goals set for the team.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.